Firearm Safety, Information, Education and Training • Personal Safety & Crime Prevention
Other courses that may interest you:
Course Name: Concealed Carry Pistol Shooting Class
Course Description: Concealed Carry Pistol Shooting Skills
Course Fee: $125.00
Date: Saturday, September 17, 2022 (Class Full. Please Contact Us to request to be notified when the next class is scheduled.)
Time: 9:00am - 3:00pm
Location: Angeles Shooting Ranges, 12651 N Little Tujunga Canyon Rd, Lake View Terrace, CA 91342
This is the third in a series of three pistol shooting skills courses.
- Pistol Shooting II Course. This Pistol Shooting III Course builds off of some skills learned in our Pistol Shooting II Course. Contact Us if you have similar training or experience that may meet this prerequisite.
- Must have proper instruction and experience safely drawing a pistol from a holster, and safely reholstering a pistol.
- Must have good fundamental pistol shooting skills.
- Must have very good safe pistol handling habits.
- Must be comfortable operating your handgun (loading magazines, loading and unloading the gun, cycling the slide, locking the slide open, etc.)
- Participants must be at least 21 years of age.
- Participants must sign a liability release form.
- Women who are pregnant, or think they may be pregnant, may not participate in this activity. This is for the baby's health and safety.
- Participants must not be legally prohibited from possessing firearms. Refer to the "California Firearm Laws Summary" document on the CA DOJ Bureau of Firearms web page for specifics on "Persons Ineligible to Possess Firearms".
This Course Covers The Following Topics and Skills:
- Lots of Coaching and Practice Safely Drawing From Holster
- Lots of Coaching and Practice Drawing From Concealment
- Defensive Accuracy
- Defensive Target Acquisition Techniques
- Shooting From Cover (Standing, Kneeling, Lying Down)
- Shooting From Retention
- Multiple Assailant Scenarios
- One-Handed Shooting, Reloading and Malfunction Clearing
- Shooting From a Seated Position
- Active Shooter Scenario
Course Fee: $125.00
Course Fee Includes:
- Range fees, targets
- Certificate of Course Completion
Student Must Bring:
- Government issued photo ID
- Semi-Automatic Pistol
- At least 4 magazines (more, if your magazine capacity is less than 10 rounds)
- At least 200 rounds of ammunition (no steel core, steel or bi-metal jacketed ammo)
- Strong side Hip holster for pistol, inside or outside waistband (OWB is less tiring for the number of draws we'll be doing). Pistol holster must be in the 3-o'clock position for right-handers, or 9-o'clock position for left-handers. For safety reasons, to avoid muzzling others, no other carry position or means of carry will be allowed.
- Magazine pouches
- Properly worn gun belt strong enough to support weight of pistol and magazines
- Concealment garment (jacket, vest, unbuttoned button shirt, loose fitting t-shirt, long enough to conceal your pistol while holstered). We'll be outdoors, so consider something light and breathable during warm weather months.
- Eye and ear protection
- Weather appropriate clothing. This class is held outdoors, partially under cover, partially out in the open.
- Plenty of drinking water
- Snacks or a quick lunch
- Uplula, or similar, magazine speedloader
- Dump pouch
- Knee pads, if you wish to use them for the shooting while kneeling exercise.
Anyone who is unable to safely perform any of the exercises in this course, at the sole discretion of the instructor(s), may be limited as to which exercises they may participate in, or how and to what extent they may participate in the exercises. We'll do everything we can reasonably do to adapt and work with your situation, but ultimately everyone's safety is our first and foremost objective.
Your space in the class is reserved by your payment of the course fee. Please click the "Pay Now" button below to make your payment. After making payment, you will be brought to a registration page to fill in student information. All cancellations will incur a 5% service fee from the time of purchase to 14 days prior to the class date. Payments are non-refundable after 14 days prior to the class date. A 5% service fee will also apply to refunds for enrollments that are canceled by the instructor due to the enrollee not meeting the prerequisites or requirements. Most of the 5% service fee goes towards paying the credit card transaction fees. To cancel, email email@example.com or call 818-434-4828. Class may be canceled by the instructor 1-2 weeks prior to the class due to lack of registration or payments, in which case any payments made will be refunded in full. See our full Cancellation Policy here. Please Contact Us if you have any questions. Thank you.
Concealed Carry Pistol Shooting Class - Lake View Terrace, CA - Saturday, September 17, 2022 9:00am-3:00pm - CLASS FULL