Defensive Pistol Shooting Skills
This is the second in a series of three pistol shooting skills courses.
- Pistol Shooting I Course, or similar training or experience
- Must have good safe pistol handling habits.
- Must be comfortable operating your handgun (loading magazines, loading and unloading the gun, cycling the slide, locking the slide open, etc.)
- Participants must be at least 21 years of age.
- Participants must sign a liability release form.
- Women who are pregnant, or think they may be pregnant, may not participate in this activity. This is for the baby's health and safety.
- Participants must not be legally prohibited from possessing firearms. Refer to the "California Firearm Laws Summary" document on the CA DOJ Bureau of Firearms web page for specifics on "Persons Ineligible to Possess Firearms".
This Course Covers The Following Topics and Skills:
- How To Safely Draw a Pistol from Holster
- How To Effectively Draw a Magazine from Holster (Pouch)
- What To Look For in Pistol Holsters and Magazine Pouches
- Rapid Fire Accuracy
- Immediate Action Malfunction Clearing
- Defensive Accuracy
- Defensive Target Acquisition Techniques
- Retention Shooting Techniques
- Clearing a Room
- Using a Flashlight and Shooting
- Shooting While Moving
Completion of this course (or similar training or experience) is a prerequisite to our Pistol Shooting III Course.
Course Fee: $125.00
Course Fee Includes:
- Range fees, targets
- Certificate of Course Completion
Each Student Must Bring:
- Government issued photo ID
- Semi-Automatic Pistol (if other than 9mm, .40, or .45 caliber, you may not be able to fully participate in malfunction clearing exercises)
- At least 4 magazines (more, if your magazine capacity is less than 10 rounds)
- At least 200 rounds of ammunition (no steel core, steel or bi-metal jacketed ammo)
- Strong side Hip holster for pistol, inside or outside waistband. Pistol holster must be in the 3-o'clock position for right-handers, or 9-o'clock position for left-handers. For safety reasons, to avoid muzzling others, no other carry position or means of carry will be allowed.
- Magazine pouches
- Properly worn gun belt strong enough to support weight of pistol and magazines
- Eye and ear protection
- Weather appropriate clothing. This class is held outdoors, partially under cover, partially out in the open.
- Plenty of drinking water
- Snacks or a quick lunch
- Uplula, or similar, magazine speedloader
- Dump pouch
- Handheld tactical flashlight
- 4 Dummy rounds (Snap Caps, orange tip dummy ammo, or similar) of the same caliber as your pistol
Anyone who is unable to safely perform any of the exercises in this course, at the sole discretion of the instructor(s), may be limited as to which exercises they may participate in, or how and to what extent they may participate in the exercises. We'll do everything we can reasonably do to adapt and work with your situation, but ultimately everyone's safety is our first and foremost objective.
Please check our Calendar, or Contact Us to inquire about future classes.
Firearm Safety, Information, Education and Training • Personal Safety & Crime Prevention
Pistol Shooting II Course
Other courses that may interest you: